Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Leap

I'm staring down the gaping throat of 40 and asking myself the age-old question, "If not now, when?"

I write. People pay me for my words. They order the words, and I write them. "I need a 300 word article on pole dancing," my clients say. "Coming right up!" I answer.

But, when I can find the energy and the time and the fearlessness, I write. Stories about statues and spam filters, virgins and vegetables (sometimes in the same plotline), manly men and manic meanies. I write them down, and I revise, revise, revise them until they are words you might want to read.

Spicy. Contemporary. Paranormal. And above all, romantic. That's what I read. That's what I write.

What about you? Do you read? Do you write? Do you read and dream of writing? Do you write, and dream of being read?

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy blogging! I have to remember to update mine more regularly now that I'm always on twitter or facebook. Doh!

    And, uh, why yes! I do write! You know, from time to time. >.> when the fancy strikes, or something like that. <.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leap! I'll write more later when I'm not ruining a simple crumb cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends for the warm, warm welcome! And Rosie--post that recipe!

    ReplyDelete