Sunday, May 24, 2009

VOTE for ME! (a.k.a. "Blame it on the Zin")

UPDATE (Thanks Becke and Mary--I am still blaming the zin) You can read the stories at Editor Unleashed, but you can't vote until June 14. Don't worry, I'll remind you :)

So it's 11:07p and I've had two glasses of wine. OF COURSE I would enter a flash fiction contest.

Quick! Go to http://tinyurl.com/oanpnr! Read and vote for "Christmas, Filtered" and then post a comment on this blog OR e-mail me at thekeristevens@gmail.com and say "I voted!"

And I will send you . . . the recipe for Spamadakia! (Dolmades made with Spam (r). They were a HIT at the OVRWA chapter Christmas party. Seriously! Don't knock 'em till you try 'em!)

1 comment:

  1. Don't know how I missed this post. Someday I will have to give you my mom's spam recipe, which I actually put in a school cookbook. It is the most unhealthy thing on the planet, and yet everyone loves it. My daughter called and asked for the recipe (!) the other day. Basically, this is it: Take a can of Spam. Open it. Cut the Spam into slices and lay them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the slices with brown (or Brownulated) sugar. Take a squeeze bottle of yellow mustard and draw yellow smiley faces on each slice. Stick it under the grill under the brown sugar melts/caramelizes. Serve with baked beans. (And white zinfandel, natch!)

    ReplyDelete