Thursday, March 31, 2011

Help a Reader out: Kentucky horse country/Derby romances

One of the delights I've discovered in my new home state is bourbon whiskey. I like it neat and in cocktails. There are seven distilleries within driving distance of my house and guests often get dragged to tours and tastings.

In honor of my new treat, I'm hunting down romance novels set in Horse Country and/or that involve the Kentucky Derby (I know Nora Roberts did a series...) I'd like a HUGE list so... comment and recommend some reads!

4 comments:

  1. Irish Thoroughbred by Nora Roberts is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fern Michaels dis a trilogy The First was called Kentucky Rich the 2nd Kentucky Heat...and can't remember the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth Bevarly did a trilogy a while back around the Derby: Fast & Loose, Ready & Willing, and Neck & Neck.

    I think back a few years ago, Silhouette did a multi-author series called the Thoroughbred Legacy -- I think at least one or two (or more?) were Kentucky or Derby related.

    (Disclaimer: I haven't read any of these, so just going on topic alone here.... )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Robards is from Louisville and many of her novels take place there.

    Welcome to KY! (I live across the river in In)

    ReplyDelete