Friday, August 24, 2012

The Awkward Date


Sigh...
Oh! Oh, yeah. The guest blogger!
(Sorry, I got a bit distracted.)

There's another Keri out there - but she's not me! I want to get that clear, because dang, some days I wish she were. Keri Ford writes hot and spicy contemporary romances that take you on an emotional roller-coaster ride. When I've had a rough day, I download one of her novellas. I think she knows that since her new series is Roughnecks. 

Get it? "Rough" day? "Roughnecks"?

Nevermind. Over to the good stuff (including a giveaway!)

Big thank to Keri Stevens for having me today!! I can't wait to talk a little about my latest release, Rough Play. During this book, the hero suggests dinner to the heroine. She agrees and then a few hours later, reality hits her. She's going on a date. Dating. That time that falls between saying "Hello" and "I Do".

Or in other cases, "Hello" and "Goodbye". For Jacob and Flora, it's a long, quiet date. Conversation doesn't happen. From hot chemistry between the sheets, the only thing with a little spice and heat at that table is the food. It doesn't take them long to figure out that dating is too much work. They're much better at grabbing take out and then taking…well, you'll have to read the story for THAT part.

 Bad dates. Awkward Dates. The most horrible date ever. Lay it on me and one commenter will get Life After War: Book One The Survivors by Angela White. Giveaway is a print, open internationally. Book contains both books one and two!

Rough Play, second in The Roughnecks Series, is now available! 

Jacob Iverson has plans. Distant plans, but they do exist. Find the right woman, eventually settle down and do the whole “white picket fence” routine. But until eventually comes, he’s having fun with right now. Then he meets Flora, who blows him back a step. Or two. Suddenly his distant plans are rushing up to meet him…only not quite the way he imagined. Abandoned at seventeen, Flora Simms has made her way through the world, found life and family in the form of two best friends. Everything is just the way she likes it. From life to love to relationships, she knows what she wants, how she wants it, and doesn’t care if anyone agrees or not. And what she doesn’t want is someone trying to tie her down with long-term plans. But Jacob Iverson brings images of the future to her mind, and heart. Jacob somehow knows what she needs and he’s hitting all the right spots. But can Flora give up her idea of independence to let him in?

$2.99 at Amazon Kindle | B&N Nook | Kobo | AllRomanceEbooks | TMP | Smashwords | Bookstrand. Coming soon in print.

Add to your Goodreads Shelf
For the latest information on Keri and her books at
Website http://bit.ly/Heo4Vr
Twitter http://bit.ly/HRgGgu
Facebook http://on.fb.me/HenzL0

14 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and your hot series. LOVE those Iverson brothers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! They've been a lot of fun to play with!

      Delete
  2. Oy. Dating. So glad I'm not swimming in thos eshark infested waters anymore. Great post, Keri(s)! Can't wait to catch up with your Roughnecks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! And you and me both. So glad I found my husband when I was 17 to escape most of those scary waters!

      Delete
  3. Keri--my worst blind date was with a guy who did NOT speak the entire evening. His only words to me were, "Do you like the fish?" Later, at the country/western bar, at someone else's suggestion we went out to dance. He was VERY tall, fortunately, so as he dipped his head forward to kiss me, I had plenty of time to duck away. His nose hit my forehead.

    Later, he told our mutuals that he was "so enraptured" with me he was struck dumb. Not sure I believe them. Or how, exactly, they meant "dumb."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one like Keri's: getting the guy to talk was like pulling teeth (my exact words to his friends). This was back in college and I was a last minute replacement for another friend (who was way nicer than I) on a group date. It turned out that even though he was a college senior, the poor guy was a lot younger than the rest of us so he was socially awkward and I sure didn't help. Lesson learned: don't go on a blind date when my previous plan was to go to bed - I'd be too tired to be nice to a shy teenage boy (NOT that I'll be dating any teenage boys in my future, or ever again after that one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! LOL but go you for stepping in. and yeah, the poor guy! hard to "fit in" when you're younger like that!

      Delete
  5. So sorry I'm late commenting! I loves my two Keri's - you just can't have enough friends named Keri, I've found. And both are fabulous authors, too!

    Keri F. - love the cover! I'll definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *beams* thanks Becke! this is one of my favorite covers I've ever gotten!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the book! Don't have any bad date stories to share.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks bn! I don't either. or if I do, they happened at a young age and I don't remember them!

      Delete
  7. infinitieh you're my winner! email me at authorkeriford@ gmail. com (no spaces) with your mailing addy and I'll pass it off to Angela to get that book out to you!!

    I think I see your twitter handle, so I'll bump you there. :)

    ReplyDelete